Google May 2020 Core Update Snippets – Attention for Digital Marketers
As we are getting breaking news daily about the Corona pandemic situation here one more interesting breaking news for the digital marketers regarding Google 2020 core algorithm update. The official core algorithm update is rolled out on May 4, 2020, by Danny Sullivan and it named as “May 2020 core update”
This is the second update from the team Google in the year 2020 & the last update was launched in Jan 2020. With the last update, Google advised fixing the site if you see any decline in search ranking after the Jan core update. The content relevancy is the core thing in both the updates and Why we should consider this update as important? Let’s have a quick glimpse of the May 2020 core update.
Image Source – Search Engine Journal.
- Our search results will gain or drop after this core update and it produces prominent effects in all countries in all languages
- Changes in search rankings are mostly depending on your content and its relevancy
- If your content has gained relevancy since the last update it will be moved up in ranking and vice versa.
- Your newly published content will be reassessed again in this core update and there might be a chance to improve in ranking.
Let’s see an example that how core update operates.
- Imagine that you have a list of top 100 movies in 2016.
- A few years later in 2020, you refresh the list. It’s going to naturally change. Some new and wonderful movies that never existed before will now be a new entry for inclusion.
- You might also reassess some films and realize they deserved a higher place on the list than they had before.
- The list will change, and films previously higher on the list that move down aren’t bad. There are simply more deserving films that are coming before them.
Source – Google Search Console.
Focus more on content is the mantra given clearly by the team of Google on both the updates. Do you this update will be a good thing for the SEO market? Comment below.
To be noted Google has always said clearly that nothing to fix if rankings drop after a core update. So as a digital marketer it is always important to provide value to the user as well as search engines.