LinkedIn is a great platform to build your personal brand. Every social media has its unique features, but LinkedIn is the most powerful and recommended one. Here in this article, I’m going to reveal the secret – How to earn money through LinkedIn. Many companies already started their layoff, and job security is a hypothetical question to answer right now in this pandemic situation. Do we have an alternative? Yes, start doing a personal brand and getting freelance projects from social media, especially through LinkedIn, is the smart way to adjust your financial crisis.
- Create a killer profile on LinkedIn, and if you have already done, don’t forget to optimize it.
- Post at least twice a week, and the content should be informative related to your niche.
- Choose any one particular niche and keep posting stories, images, tips, strategy and more
- Use the LinkedIn featured section like a pro. Showcase your skills, awards, achievements there
- Build your network with relevant connections related to your niche. Send a personalized message to all the new connections.
- Be in trend, and keep on sharing the latest trend in your niche to get new connections.
- Like, comment and share the great post in your feed and tag that respective person.
- Make people visit your profile daily. Update the content regularly.
- Follow the great people in your niche and keep learning new things
- Follow relevant hashtags and create your hashtag and make people catch out your posts easily
- Accept the incoming connection and do reply in a private message to acknowledge.
If you started doing these things on LinkedIn, people would start looking out your profile. Many business people, CEO, Managers, HR are very active in LinkedIn, and you can get opportunities quickly. If you have a blog, start writing articles and share it on LinkedIn. The call to action is very important. Avoid sale-oriented content and follow this mantra, “Give value & Get Value,” to grab the opportunities. Create/join in different groups and grow your mailing contacts by announcing webinars, videos, training materials & free content giveaways.
Optimize your profile often and have a professional headshot – Cover image & profile picture. Instead of sharing text content post exciting videos, it is a great way to increase your followers’ YouTube & LinkedIn followers. Hashtags are very important. Don’t stuff the hashtags, and make sure it is entirely relevant to your posting. Encourage affiliate marketing, and it is an ultimate source of earning money.
Prepare a proposal/website in advance and send personal emails, a private message on LinkedIn, whoever is looking for the freelance requirements. Search for a professional freelancer and establish a connection to get projects. Share the results you have worked (after approval from the client) to get more projects in the same niche. Customize your portfolio as per project requirements and don’t expect more income during the initial phase.
My Kutty Story:
I have started using LinkedIn 4 years back with only seven connections. I have built my network and reached 4K connections in the next three years. With the help of connections in LinkedIn, I got more projects in content writing, SEO, website designing. I left my job recently and started doing freelance in digital marketing. My strong field knowledge, LinkedIn profile, own blog, the website helped me to get projects even on this pandemic situation. I earned almost 60k in just three months. Also, I have given projects and helped my friends too. Personal branding is an art. If you didn’t start this and you are in the right moment to kick off.