How to Optimize Your Videos – Free YouTube SEO Guide
Video is the versatile and engaging format of content where it gives us the real picture of information that stays permanently in our mind. Video marketing is the trend and so many companies already started their investment in video to promote their products or services. If you sell the products online directly there might be the chance of conversion based on the strategies that you’re implementing. Video marketing is the future and if you’re wondering whether it’s worth putting your mind and money into video marketing platforms then check out the below stats and take your business to the next level.
- 81% of business use video as a marketing tool (Source – HubSpot)
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day (Source – HubSpot)
- People are 1.5 times more likely to watch video on their mobile phones. (Facebook)
- Facebook has over 8 billion video views per day. (TechCrunch)
- Adding video to your emails can increase click rates by 300%. (HubSpot)
- YouTube has 2 billion logged-in monthly users (Hootsuite)
Video boost your conversion and sales also it helps to build trust in the brand among your targeted audiences.
It’s time to create your own YouTube Channel!! If you are already done pen down your points to get your video high up on the YouTube SERP’s as well as in Google Search.
As we all know that Google is the most powerful search engine but YouTube is the second most visited site on the web after Google. YouTube has its search engine and it is a little bit different from Google search engine. If the content gets enough views you can make good money from your YouTube videos. What are the steps you need to take to optimize your YouTube channel & videos for search? Let’s have a look below.
- Find Relevant Keywords – Getting the right keywords for your product or brand video is really important. Do keyword research using tools like SEMrush, Ubersuggest, AHref and focus on top trending keywords
- Video Title – Optimizing the title of your video and insert the targeted keyword naturally in the video title.
- Video Description – Your video description is super important and an optimized description helps you to show up in the suggested videos sidebar. Tips – Include your keyword in the first 25 words of your description
- Video Tags – Use most relevant tags to your videos and at the same time don’t stuff a lot of tags into it.
- Categorize your videos – Once you are done uploading the video go to advanced settings and choose a category to gain more exposure among specific audience groups who show interest to those categories.
- Video File Name – Rename your video file using a target keyword
- Video Thumbnail – A good attractive informative thumbnail says a lot about your video also you will get more clicks, views. To upload a custom thumbnail YouTube account has to verify properly.
- Video Captions – Closed captions are crawlable by search engines. Highlight the important keywords in the subtitles to boost your SEO.
- Video Cards – Adding cards & end screens in your video increase the value of your brand also it will increase your YouTube channel’s viewership.
- Video Comments & Subscription – Share your video to friends, social media, and ask them to comment & subscribe. To become more popular, your videos should have a lot of comments.
- Custom URL – Increase your subscribers as soon as possible and get your custom URL from YouTube.
If you’re serious about getting more YouTube views, subscribers, and rankings, it is very important to consider the above factors. Share your videos on the most popular platform such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Quora, and more. Create a playlist and add more suspense about your next video to the subscribers is the ultimate way to make viral videos. Use YouTube analytics and keep on eye on reports to track your channel performance.
Subscribe my YouTube Video Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVVFuscZsaZdsdeIpFkRwOg & Comment below if I have missed any points regarding YouTube SEO.